Friday, July 15, 2005

Column: Mark Levin Responds to Tony Blair

It happens sometimes that I am up at 1:00 am and can catch some of Mark Levin’s show over the internet from your own home town on 77 WABC. I value what he has to say about the Supreme Court – its rulings, the issues, the upcoming appointments, Senate hearings, etc. I know that he is right about the threat that judicial activism poses to representative democracy. It’s one of the things that I have learned after living in what Robert Bork has named “Judicial Imperialism” in Israel during the reign of Chief Justice Aharon Barak.

Wondering if Levin had his own website where there were transcripts or audio of the show I did an internet search the other day and was happy to find marklevinfan.blogspot.com where there is an archive of audio and video clips. This morning as I was considering what the topic of this piece would be, I went over to the blog and listened to an audio clip titled, “Monday, Mark started off the show by thanking those who made the Freedom Concert such a huge success! Then he moved on to other topics, such as how the Libs don't understand the threat of terrorism!” There I found a reaction to Tony Blair’s comments following the London attacks that I had to share with you – the following long quote is taken from that clip. I realize that some of you may have heard the show and that it is a long quote, but it is rare that I have heard Israel defended so well on the radio.


"Yes, London got slammed. Tony Blair suggested though after the 7/7 attacks on our British brothers and sisters, that if events in the Middle East could be resolved, and I’m paraphrasing, “terrorists attacks would be diminished.” He did not, as reported early on, point specifically at Israel and the Palestinian terrorists, but I have to believe that is what he meant and I say that as an admirer of Blair’s – his resolve in supporting the war in Iraq. But he and his Labor Party have been more than willing to put the arm on Israel as if that would stop the Islamic-Nazis. The fact is, as I have said scores of times over the years, the Islamo-Nazis are waging a war of terror against the; Hindus, against the Buddhists, against the Christians, against the Jews, and most of all against other Muslims. They’re waging a war of terror against Whites and Blacks and Asians and Arabs and Polynesians and you name it. This has absolutely nothing to do with Israel and it is high time the world stop pretending otherwise -- stop pretending that if they throw the Jewish people overboard yet again they will buy peace with the devil. They won’t. Now is the time for Dick Durban to go to the floor of the Senate and compare what we’re facing, not American forces, but what we are facing to Hitler, Stalin, and Pol Pot. But he won’t so I will."

"Now Israel has done her part and more. She’s giving up precious land and security even though Hezbollah, Hamas, Islamic Jihad and the other Iranian and Syrian front groups are committed to murdering every last Jew – just like the Nazis. What else is she to do? Surrender? Commit suicide? And if she did such things, and she won’t, will that stop them from attacking us, our British brothers and sisters, the Australians, the Spaniards, the weasel French or anybody else? NO! Because what they want is their form of fundamentalism imposed on the entire world. This is a war every bit as much as World War Two was a war or World War One was a war or the Korean War was a war or the Vietnam War was a war. This is a war! Now the day will come, it’s not here, when the world is more serious about wiping out these terrorist slime balls and the countries that help them than it is today. Until Iran and Syria are toppled, and that is just for beginners, we are all in extreme danger. We cannot search every container, every subway car; we cannot harden every building, stop every suicide bomber, protect all sources of food and water and so forth. Ask any cop. They know. I know. These are pipe dreams."

Mark Levin needs to be thanked for his defense of Israel and encouraged to tell the whole truth about Sharon’s plan. As all those who will look at the truth know, any and all concessions will only lead to greater demands and more terror. Call into the show and tell him that Sharon’s expulsion plan is a capitulation to terror that will create a terrorist beacon and haven that will set back the war on terror, place Israel and the world in grave danger, and make George W. Bush and America look ridiculous for having supported Ariel Sharon in his tyrannical and self serving scheme.

5 Comments:

Blogger Smooth said...

The team over at MarkLevinFan.com sent me a link to your site. We're all rabid fans of Mark Levin. You've got an excellent blog here yourself. Check out my site Smooth Stone if you are so inclined.

1:45 AM  
Blogger Barry Freedman said...

Thanks to all of you; MLF, Debbie, Trinity, and Smooth. I was actually up really last night late and caught a bit of the ML show but I can't remember anything now - I was half asleep - but now I know where to go to hear what I missed and can't remember!

Smooth,
I checked out your blog and it is great. What a great resource of historical documents and treaties! I have seen none better!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Barry Freedman said...

Oh -- I almost forgot. I am reading "Men in Black" for the second time now. If you go through my archives you will find that I have written about what Robert Bork has called the "Judicial Imperialism" of Aharon Barak's Supreme Court a number of times. Mark Levin has it 100% right. Ironically, living in Israel made me a fan of his.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Barry Freedman said...

If you are interested in reading about Judicial Imperialism in Israel then please see my column, "Bork Bashes Barak" -- posted on July 30, 2004. It's much easier than searching my archives.

8:07 AM  
Blogger yaak said...

I never heard Mark Levin on his show, but I hear him on Hannity's radio show all the time. He's always entertaining and informative.

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home